Extensive Phased Renovation in Great Falls, Virginia
The homeowners of this New England-style colonial loved their Great Falls, Virginia location and lot, but envisioned a more welcoming look for their home that would better suit the family’s active lifestyle. Not satisfied with other homes available on the market, they retained the design build professionals at BOWA to develop a multi-phased plan to transform their existing home.
The BOWA Solution:
The phased approach to the whole-house renovation included completely remodeling the interior and exterior, while the second phase focused on the addition of a garage, home gym and master suite and renovation of the backyard and pool area. The result is a spectacular, whole-house transformation that integrates the home with its natural surroundings and meets the evolving needs of this active family.
- New replacement windows installed throughout
- Portico and attic dormers added to front elevation
- Custom built-in cabinetry and moldings in family room and home office
- Home office includes dedicated workspaces built for each family member
- Pool relocated to create space for addition of courtyard with waterfall feature
- Hand-cobbled stone wall constructed to provide natural transition from backyard to wooded area beyond
- New master suite features marble bath, his and hers closets and a second home office
- All windows designed to capture beautiful views of backyard