Lavishly Redesigned Home with Wine Cellar in McLean, VA
The homeowners knew when they purchased this McLean home that renovations would be required to meet their family’s needs. In addition to remodeling a dated kitchen and rear entry, they wished to install an elevator, carve out space for a wine cellar, and install a lower level kitchen.
The BOWA Solution:
BOWA reworked different parts of the home to create exactly what the family desired. The rear staircase was reconfigured in order to accommodate the elevator in the family foyer. Custom cabinets, a charging station, and a home management center were all included in the kitchen’s redesign so that every inch of usable space was thoughtfully designed. Pocket doors were also utilized in order to make full use of the available space in rooms. The homeowner loves her new upper level laundry room, which includes custom drying racks and super storage. The project turned the home into a comfortable place for the busy family to be together happily.
- Kitchen features expanded island, marble countertops and integrated refrigerator
- Wine cellar with custom racking, temperature control, wine cooling unit and foam insulation
- Arched iron wine cellar door with intricate vine detail
- Custom storage under stairwell designed to fit custom dining table leaves and family gear
- Separate butler’s pantry with marble countertops
- A second laundry room was added to the lower level for guests and pool service