Loudoun Whole-House Renovation and Outdoor Entertaining Addition
The original home was comfortably situated on 175 acres of land, but it did not fit the country charm of the landscape. Modernizing and expanding the outdated home, while enhancing its harmony with the outdoors, was the true challenge of this project. The family wanted a well-appointed home that would be comfortable for family gatherings yet large enough for the charity and business functions they frequently host.
The BOWA Solution:
Creating additional space and allowing for more natural light were the keys to achieving the family’s desired home. The whole-house renovation included creating a three-story addition with beautiful new living, dining and gathering areas, as well as expanding the rear deck. Seamlessly integrated with the main living area, the new deck includes a covered pavilion, multiple sitting areas and an outdoor kitchen, which greatly increase the habitable square footage and perfectly suit the homeowner’s lifestyle. The new master suite highlights sweeping views of the rolling hills and a luxurious sculptural tub in the bath. The home now incorporates a rustic-meets-contemporary design that is both intimate and large enough to serve the family’s diverse needs.
- Sophisticated barrel vault ceiling that connects kitchen to dining room
- Home automation package including audio/visual, lighting, and window coverings
- Custom Hickory hardwood flooring throughout the home
- New gas fireplace with golden honey quartzite
- Rustic pine beams in the kitchen
- Deck with covered pavilion and graceful staircase leading to lower level patio
- Indoor to outdoor living areas, deck and pavilion