Luxury Kalorama Condo Renovation in Washington DC
Having recently purchased a condominium in an historic building in the Kalorama neighborhood of Washington, DC, the homeowners initiated a complete restoration of the unit which had not been updated in many years. The challenge of this particular project was restoring a unit in a building dating back to the early 1900’s, bringing it up to code, and working within the confines of an eighth floor Kalorama condo unit.
The BOWA Solution:
Drawing on years of experience in condo renovations, BOWA was able to carefully manage the logistics of the project to minimize the disruption on the surrounding neighbors. For example, negative pressure fans were installed to abate dust inside the entire building, which was greatly appreciated by building management and neighbors alike. New electrical work was done to bring the condo back up to code, and the master suite and bath were reconfigured to optimize the space while working with the existing drain lines, which could not be relocated. The end result was a beautiful, luxury condominium remodel that suits the clients’ aesthetic and lifestyle.
- Kitchen features butcher block topped island, glass subway tile, high-end appliance package
- Beautiful wall of custom built-ins and a gas fire place with custom stone surround in living room
- Entryway walls removed to create open space that flows into kitchen and dining room
- Full master bath renovation includes glass enclosed shower, marble bath, and stone tile
- Custom plaid marble mosaic in foyer