Open Position: Marketing Assistant
Are you just starting your career or looking to get back into the workforce? Then consider this great opportunity to join the marketing team of our growing, well-established company!
The Marketing Assistant will experience the many different activities we take on in the department, from events and social media to project photography, direct mail and more. In addition, this person will be responsible for writing, editing and compiling material for newsletters, by-line articles, blog posts and other print and digital vehicles. He/she will also be responsible for executing our project-based marketing programs and making recommendations for refreshing the related materials. He/she will also perform various administrative tasks on a daily and weekly basis, such as taking calls about new renovation projects, assisting with CRM data cleanups and administering our office apparel program.
This role requires a great attitude, a willingness to pitch in, strong writing skills, attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines. The Marketing Assistant will report to the Director of Marketing and should hold a bachelor’s degree. Hours per week are negotiable, ranging from 32-40 hours.
- Enthusiasm and a team-minded attitude
- The ability to represent BOWA enthusiastically with callers expressing interest in a renovation
Writing, SEO and Social Media Skills
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, and the ability to incorporate the company’s established messaging and voice
- An efficient process for generating quality content and securing approvals
- Researching topics and interviewing subject-matter experts
- Familiarity and comfort with social media platforms, such as Facebook, Houzz, Pinterest and Instagram
- The ability to incorporate predefined keywords naturally into content
- BA/BS degree, with some professional marketing experience preferred
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently, manage projects and meet deadlines
- Strong Microsoft Office skills required, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Prefer experience with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop and Illustrator
- Bonus skills: WordPress, CRM experience.
Salary is $32,000 – $40,000 depending on schedule and experience. Other benefits include Training, Health/Dental/Vision, Disability and Life Insurance, Bonuses, Profit Sharing and 401(k) Company Match, and equity opportunities over the long term.
If you think you have what we are looking for, please contact us.
If you are interested in this position, contact us by any of the following means:
- Email your resume
- Fax your resume to 703-734-0188
- Call us at 703-734-9050
- Mail your resume to:
Careers @ BOWA
7900 Westpark Drive, Suite A180
McLean, VA 22102
BOWA is an equal opportunity employer.