Pool House Addition on Raised Terrace Creates Stunning Outdoor Space in DC
With this renovation, the homeowner wanted to enhance their outdoor living area, which already featured a lovely pool and patio, and to utilize unused space at the end of their driveway.
The BOWA Solution:
Built with structural pre-cast concrete panels, a two-level pool house was designed to complement the architecture of the existing home and was located at the rear of the driveway overlooking the pool and patio. The driveway level of the new pool house features a large storage space, while on the upper level two symmetrical, painted brick structures sit atop a raised flagstone terrace. The two structures house a changing room and a bathroom and are connected by a redwood pergola resting on dramatic white columns.
- Pool house features slate roof; Marvin windows and doors
- Frameless, zero-clearance shower doors and pedestal sink in pool house bath
- Custom built teak bench in changing room
- Variegated flagstone terrace laid in a diagonal pattern blends with existing flagstone patio
- Cantilevered, built-in outdoor Dacor grill for outdoor cooking