Purchase Consultation and Whole House Renovation in Potomac, Maryland
The homeowners found and fell in love with a stately, older Georgian-style home situated on over two acres in Potomac, Maryland, but the house was in a state of disrepair. With BOWA’s guidance during an extensive pre-purchase consultation, which included a comprehensive home inspection and report analysis, the homeowners decided to move forward with the purchase that many would have walked away from. The challenges of renovating the home involved everything from standing water in the lower level to dark and dated rooms throughout.
The BOWA Solution:
BOWA assembled the team – architect, civil engineer, landscape designer, interior designer – secured the permits and began work on the day of settlement. After solving drainage and mold issues in the main house and pool house, the interior transformation began. Every room was remodeled to suit the homeowners’ style and needs, from the luxurious, light-filled master suite and sleek and modern custom kitchen to the lower-level media room and sport court. The extensive renovation of the pool, terraced patio and pool house transformed the outside spaces into a resort-like retreat, ideal for entertaining family and friends.
- Rift-cut white oak paneling capped with fluted ebonized mahogany featured in elegant foyer entrance
- Custom forged-iron railing detail
- New walnut flooring and custom white oak fireplace surround in great room
- Master suite featuring spa-like his and hers bathrooms
- Perfect family spaces such as the sport court featuring observation deck