Stunning Backyard and Pool Addition in Alexandria, Virginia
The challenge for this renovation project was integrating two adjacent properties in a way that worked for the homeowner and overcame an arduous permit process. The design had to be carefully planned so that the properties could still be sold separately in the future if the homeowner desired.
The BOWA Solution:
By getting involved during the first stages of design, BOWA was able to successfully navigate the architectural team through the permit process and get the project off to a strong start. The homeowners purchased the home as well as the property directly behind it, with the idea of adding an English-style conservatory to the main house and integrating the two lots with a garden, pool, and pool house. Special care was taken to carry finishes from the existing home into the new pool house. The first floor includes a spacious gathering room with a gas fireplace and summer kitchen. The second floor features two bedrooms and a full bath. The result was a luxurious private getaway within their cozy Alexandria neighborhood.
- Pool house features custom wide-plank wood floor and beadboard ceiling
- Pool includes a ‘Badu Swim Jet’ water treadmill and intricate fountains
- Conservatory addition features panoramic views of pool and gardens
- Custom woodwork, detailed moldings, and beadboard ceilings throughout conservatory
- State-of-the-art snow melting system installed on conservatory roof