1960’s Era Ranch House Transformation in McLean, Virginia
The main goals for this project were achieving an open floor plan, bringing the outdoors in, and improving flow. The homeowners wanted to stay within the existing footprint of their home.
The BOWA Solution:
To achieve the open floor plan they desired, BOWA’s design solution involved reconfiguring the family’s space and removing a large wall that separated the kitchen and living room. To bring light in, a large glass wall was installed, which also created a smooth transition to the new outdoor living area. The kitchen was modernized, and every inch of usable space was utilized. Now the homeowner’s have ample room to enjoy indoor and outdoor living.
- High performance, insulated tempered glass wall
- Appliance package featuring flush exhaust hood and Gaggenau flat surface induction cooktop
- Marble mitered edge countertops
- Chocolate Grey Pennsylvania slate stone on patio
- Metal-clad roof over glass wall to protect from elements