Beautiful Kitchen and Family Room Renovation in Great Falls, Virginia
This Great Falls family desired a more open feel for the first level of their home. The kitchen and family room had an outdated look, and because the family was expecting soon, the renovation had to be completed before their due date. BOWA’s services were employed to make sure the renovation was successfully completed on time and on budget.
The BOWA Solution:
The first order of business was adding a fully captured beam within a soffit, which allowed for the removal of an unsightly load-bearing wall. Removing this wall immediately improved the flow of the kitchen, incorporated the breakfast area and allowed for more natural light. The dual-island design in the kitchen created abundant work space and a cohesive aesthetic. The adjacent family room benefited from several cosmetic updates, such as a creative lighting solution along two walls and some beautiful carpentry work on the fireplace wall. The solutions served to break up a large amount of brick and make the space warmer and more inviting. BOWA completed the first-level renovations within the family’s time frame, and the final product gave the home the look and functionality they desired.
- Custom white enamel range hood with stainless steel strapping
- Contrasting marble vein island and bar countertops
- White cabinetry at the perimeter contrasts with dark wood island
- Family foyer includes custom lockers with beautiful solid wood beadboard
- Pull down racks for clothes drying added to laundry station in family foyer
- Custom woodwork installed in powder room