McLean, Va. — BOWA (www.bowa.com), a home transformation company specializing in the design and construction of large-scale additions and renovations, is seeing more homeowners use smart phone applications (apps) to help manage their homes both on-site and remotely after installing technical systems that add comfort and convenience to a family’s daily life.
“iPhones and iPads have transformed how people orchestrate their lives, both personally and professionally, and the ability to operate a home’s systems remotely with the swipe of a screen is no exception,” said Larry Weinberg, CEO of BOWA. “After a home undergoes a large-scale addition or renovation project, the focus turns to managing the house to ensure its systems are in sync and user-friendly. Smart phone apps offered by industry leaders are an efficient way to make life a little easier, while impressing guests and making the most of technology in the home.”
From home control systems to entertainment and energy conservation, there are many iPhone and iPad apps that enhance a home renovation:
- Lutron offers a free app that manages a home’s lights, music and overall ambiance to create a complete entertainment experience. Being able to turn off a light remotely can help families be more energy conscious.
- The free app for Control4 users orchestrates lights, thermostats, audio, video, web cameras, security cameras, and more – all without having to change screens.
- The app option from Crestron controls a home’s climate, security, lights, drapes and more. For around $100, families can prepare a comfortable environment while on the way home from a trip or when en route to a vacation home.
- The free Sonos app allows homeowners to select and play music from anywhere in the house. The app can access an iTunes library, free Internet radio stations, and popular online music services, like Pandora and SIRIUS.
- DIRECTV’s app can set an episode or series recording remotely. Homeowners can browse the free app for shows and movies by channel, time or date up to 14 days in advance.
- Ecobee’s app helps families conserve energy, save money and reduce their environmental impact by transforming the iPhone into a thermostat, allowing for adjustment and control of a home’s temperature.
BOWA transforms houses into homes™ through the design and construction of large-scale, luxury renovations and additions. From the very beginning, BOWA provides the single point of accountability for its customers, guiding, executing, and managing their design, construction, and client experience. Drawing on a tradition of excellence for over 20 years, BOWA’s professionals have found that complex projects require input from numerous experts. Having one party that assembles and manages the team, takes accountability for the entire process and looks after the client’s best interests is the key to having a world-class remodeling experience. BOWA has been honored with more than 100 local and national awards of excellence, including being named National Remodeler of the Year by Professional Remodeler Magazine and largest Whole House Remodeler by Qualified Remodeler Magazine. With offices in McLean and Middleburg, Virginia, BOWA serves clients in Suburban Maryland, the District of Columbia and Northern Virginia. For more information, visit www.bowa.com or call 703-734-9050.