During this unprecedented battle against coronavirus, the safety of our employees, clients and community is our top priority. We understand that, while we are still permitted to work in clients’ homes, this is a privilege that comes with tremendous responsibility. Our employees take this responsibility to heart and are following enhanced precautions to ensure we are operating in accordance with all Federal and jurisdictional guidelines during construction, project planning and post-project support.
Following are some of the coronavirus safety measures our team is taking:
- Masks are required for all employees, subcontractors and visitors entering a home. This applies to active construction sites, as well as to homes before and after construction.
- Anyone who is exhibiting symptoms associated with COVID-19, including fever, fatigue, shortness of breath or cough, is not permitted in the home.
- Anyone who falls into the high-risk categories defined by the CDC is discouraged from being on the jobsite.
- Upon entering a home/jobsite, employees are required to wash their hands or use sanitizer.
- Social distancing protocols are mandated, including maintaining a six-foot distance and having fewer than ten people within an enclosed space. Additionally, we are being mindful of having as few people onsite as possible. If a task can be accomplished remotely, it will be.
- Handwashing stations, with soap and running water, are required on all jobsites. A supply of hand sanitizer is also required as a back up.
- All common spaces and high-touch surfaces are cleaned and disinfected at least three times each day or before exiting a space.
- Signs are placed on active jobsites to remind everyone of current operating procedures.
- Install and maintain effective, consistent and constant negative air systems where possible on jobsites. These systems work in conjunction with our usual dust protection barriers to help reduce airborne contamination and minimize the pathogens in the work area.
Our team is fully committed to adhering to these enhanced precautions to ensure the safety of our extended BOWA Family. We thank our clients, partners and the broader community for their support of and trust in BOWA, especially during this time.
Stay safe and let us know if there is anything we can do to help.