Fire Restoration in Chevy Chase Creates Opportunity for Whole House Renovation
A Chevy Chase residence in the Warren’s Addition neighborhood was devastated when a house fire that began next door spread. The interior of the house had to be completely rebuilt, and BOWA was hired to manage the project, including smoke and water remediation, and perform the renovation on a small lot with limited maneuverability.
The BOWA Solution:
The homeowners loved the existing layout of their 12-year-old home and made only minor changes to its floorplan. While the fire was devastating it provided an opportunity to change several design elements and upgrade to custom finishes that better suited the family’s evolving needs and lifestyle.
- Dramatic main level elements including vaulted foyer ceiling, fireplace with limestone surround, and wood-beam ceiling
- Home automation package, automated window coverings and smart HVAC controls
- Kitchen features distinctive oval marble-topped island and hammered-metal range hood
- Custom floor-to-ceiling cabinetry in home office
- Master bedroom suite with wood-beam ceiling and luxurious master bath featuring custom wrought iron and glass shower doors and free-standing tub
- Lower level multi-purpose room including separate spaces for billiards and table games, arts and crafts, media viewing and exercise
- Rift-cut white oak wide-plank flooring added throughout