First Floor and Outdoor Living Transformation in Vienna, VA
The client desired an open floorplan on the main level of their home within the existing footprint of their traditional 1970’s home, which was small, dark, and uninviting. The challenge was opening up the kitchen from its confines, creating space for entertaining, and bringing the outdoors in.
The BOWA Solution:
BOWA made structural changes to several load bearing walls to provide better traffic flow and to allow natural light into the previously dark space. The wall blocking the dining room from the kitchen was removed, and the adjacent kitchen wall was scaled back. Appliances were built in to make room for a center island and children’s homework station. A screen porch with lovely interior finishes was added to the home to create additional space for entertaining. The design and fine finishes reflect the family’s goal of transforming the home into an entertainer’s paradise.
- Furniture grade cabinetry that includes two stand-alone kitchen islands with seating
- Upgraded appliance package with tap water filtration system.
- Thoughtfully designed storage and new larger pantry.
- Beautiful marble-framed gas fireplace as focal point in family room
- Low maintenance materials on exterior and interior of screen porch
- Infrared heating lamps included on porch to extend length of outdoor season
- 1,000 square foot deck with dedicated gas line connected to outdoor grill