Video Timelapse of a Multi-Level Addition in McLean, VA
As the home’s original garage had been claimed as interior space some time ago, the new family was in need of a space to store bikes and other sports equipment. They also wanted a new family room for family gatherings. Given some special circumstances, the family had very aggressive budget and timeline goals, which would be critical factors when choosing their team.
The BOWA Solution:
Having spoken with a number of companies, the family ultimately turned to BOWA’s design team because of the confidence they instilled regarding their ability to deliver beautifully designed spaces, on-time and within budget. The solution was a two-story addition designed to blend seamlessly with the existing construction. The new space features an expansive family room atop a new two-car-plus garage. A well-planned connection to the house provides easy transitions from the addition to the existing kitchen, mudroom and rest of the home. Extensive excavation on this tight McLean lot was required to create an expanded driveway as well as a retaining wall, which maximized usable space in the existing rear yard.
- Spacious two-car garage addition with copious storage includes pedestrian door opening to existing family foyer
- Family room features custom built-ins, gracious fireplace and egress to the rear-yard
- A thoughtfully-designed connection to the existing home provides easy access to the kitchen and other interior areas as well as a small, private patio space
- Large windows and French doors allow for abundant natural light
- The project was delivered on-time and within budget meeting the client’s aggressive goals