Open Position: Junior Designer
Take this opportunity to join our nationally recognized remodeling company known for an innovative management style. Over the past 30 years we have a proven track record of offering exciting and rewarding opportunities to our employees.
BOWA is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team and continue building a rewarding career.
The Junior Designer is responsible for working with the Director of Design/Architecture (DDA) on the design, permitting, and construction of projects in the BOWA classic design/build process. Job duties may include but are not limited to performing project tasks such as schematic design, design development, and the production of permit and construction documents. The Junior Designer will work closely with the DDA or other architects or designers to design and produce the necessary documents and drawings necessary for projects to be executed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Architect / Designers to create as-built drawings, schematic design drawings, design development drawings, permit drawings, and construction documents.
- CAD drawings or hand drawings as necessary.
- Basic understanding of local zoning laws, environmental factors and structural issues relevant to projects
- Responsible for some selections work as required by project, including managing to a budget.
- Research latest design trends (materials, finishes, fixtures, appliances, etc.)
- Work with client, including showroom visits, providing samples, etc.
- Participate in client meetings as required.
The Junior Designer is not a supervisory role.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate degree in Architecture, Interior Design, or Interior Architecture required, B.Arch or M.Arch preferred
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience working in a design/build, architecture, or interior design firm
- Excels at residential design and remodeling design
- Computer proficiencies
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Graphic Design Capabilities (Adobe Suite – InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- 3D Capabilities (Sketchup, Rhino, or similar)
- Experienced and creative problem solver
- Ability to assist on all phases of the project
- Ability to work with others and follow direction but also self-motivated and organized
- A willingness to learn and to work
Training, Health/Dental/Vision, Disability and Life Insurance, Bonuses, Profit Sharing and 401(k) Company Match, and equity opportunities over the long term. If you think you have what we are looking for, please contact us.
If you are interested in this position, contact us by any of the following means:
- Email your resume to [email protected]
- Fax your resume to 703-734-0188
- Call us at 703-734-9050
- Mail your resume to:
Careers @ BOWA
7900 Westpark Drive, Suite A180
McLean, VA 22102
BOWA is an equal opportunity employer.