Open Position: Human Resources Generalist
Take this opportunity to join our nationally recognized remodeling company known for an innovative management style. Over the past 30 years we have a proven track record of offering exciting and rewarding opportunities to our employees.
BOWA is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team and continue building a rewarding career.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing Human Resource (HR) related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior management. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, hiring, recruiting, onboarding, policy implementation, employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems
- Recruits for open positions by creating job postings, sourcing resumes, reviewing resumes against requirements and forwarding to hiring manager, as well as tracking of applicants and affirmative action (AAP) related information
- Administers on-boarding process, including performing background checks, conducting new hire orientations, processing new hire paperwork, and verifying employment eligibility through E-verify
- Maintains HR records and develops reports and metrics for management, as required
- Administers Performance Management to include drafting communications when performance reviews are due, training leads on the process, tracking completed reviews
- Administers Benefits to include enrolling new hires, processing benefit change requests, draft employee communications, assisting with Open Enrollment process, reconciling and auditing benefits invoices, and serving as a liaison between employees and brokers
- Administers FMLA and COBRA benefits as well as coordinates with applicable vendor to process Worker’s Compensation and Disability claims
- Researches and responds to general employee and manager inquiries related to benefits, policies, and other HR related topics
- Maintains personnel files according to federal regulations and procedures.
- Ensures company remains compliant with Federal, state, and local laws and regulations; files necessary reports annually
- Assists in monitoring employee engagement, by communicating with employees and conducting annual employee surveys and bring concerns to the attention of leadership
- Handles employee relations issues and assists managers in progressive discipline and performance improvement plans
- Assists with company vehicle benefit program, to include orientation and administration
- Assists with shareholder administration, onboarding and communication
The Human Resources Generalist is not a supervisory role.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of related professional experience
- Applies in-depth professional-level knowledge to independently solve a full range of complex problems
- Demonstrated track record of successfully coordinating human resources initiatives or projects
- Demonstrated experience aligning human resource strategy with business goals is required
Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and/or
SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP)
- Working knowledge, understanding and application of HR principle concepts, practices and appropriate employment laws
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and adapt to changing priorities
- Strong organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience building relationships with hiring managers, recruits, and business partners
- Proficient in MS Office
- Exhibits a professional demeanor with complete respect for confidentiality of sensitive data
Training, Health/Dental/Vision, Disability and Life Insurance, Bonuses, Profit Sharing and 401(k) Company Match, and equity opportunities over the long term. If you think you have what we are looking for, please contact us.
If you are interested in this position, contact us by any of the following means:
- Email your resume
- Fax your resume to 703-734-0188
- Call us at 703-734-9050
- Mail your resume to:
Careers @ BOWA
7900 Westpark Drive, Suite A180
McLean, VA 22102
BOWA is an equal opportunity employer.