Open Position: Senior Architect / Designer
Are you looking for change in your career, one which will allow you to use your professional architecture and design skills to grow our design department? Do you enjoy designing and drawing one of a kind home renovations? Are you a creative and experienced problem solver? Do you thrive on coming up with the right solution, listening to what a client wants and surpassing expectations?
If so then BOWA is the place for you. Take this opportunity to join our nationally recognized remodeling company known for its innovative management style. Over the past 28 years we earned have a proven track record of offering exciting and rewarding opportunities to our employees.
BOWA is seeking highly motivated individuals with a passion for residential design and architecture to join our team and continue building a rewarding career.
The Senior Architect / Designer has a minimum of 7-10 years of experience working in an architecture or design/build firm. Residential design experience is required; remodeling experience and design/build experience are a plus. Architecture licensing is also a plus. He or she is accountable for working directly with the Director of Design on the design, permitting, and construction of projects in the BOWA classic design/build process. Job duties may include but are not limited to performing project tasks such as schematic design, design development, and the production of permit and construction documents. The Senior Architect / Designer will work closely with the DDA to design, detail, and produce the necessary documents and drawings necessary for projects to be executed. The role will also require work with and manage other designers and meeting with clients on a project-by-project basis.
If you or someone you know is committed to providing superior customer service, has architecture experience in residential construction, would enjoy working for an industry-leader and is interested in building a rewarding career, let us know
- Undergraduate degree in Architecture required, B.Arch or M.Arch preferred
- Senior Architect / Designer reports to the Director of Design / Architecture
- Excels at residential design and remodeling design
- Experienced kitchen cabinet designer
- Experienced and creative problem solver
- Capable of guiding a design project to produce successful solutions by acting as an advocate for the client
- Able to direct and oversee Junior Designers, outside consultants and others as part of the design process
- Work with DDA and other Architect / Designers to create as-built drawings, schematic design drawings, design development drawings, permit drawings, and construction documents.
- CAD drawings or hand drawings as necessary.
- Understanding of local zoning laws, environmental factors and structural issues relevant to projects
- Cabinet layouts, drawings, and orders – provide or review as required
- Responsible for some selections work as required by project, including managing to a budget.
- Research latest design trends (materials, finishes, fixtures, appliances, etc.)
- Work with client, including showroom visits, providing samples, etc.
- Participate in client meetings as required.
- Computer proficiencies
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Graphic Design Capabilities (Adobe Suite – InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- 3D Capabilities (Sketchup, 3D Studio, or similar)
Training, Health/Dental/Vision, Disability and Life Insurance, Bonuses, Profit Sharing and 401(k) Company Match, and equity opportunities over the long term. If you think you have what we are looking for, please contact us.
If you are interested in this position, contact us by any of the following means:
- Email your resume
- Fax your resume to 703-734-0188
- Call us at 703-734-9050
- Mail your resume to:
Careers @ BOWA
7900 Westpark Drive, Suite A180
McLean, VA 22102
BOWA is an equal opportunity employer.