Potomac, MD Renovation Features Dramatic Family Room Addition
An active, Potomac, Maryland family with young children and two dogs planned to remain in their home during this phased renovation project which touched nearly every room and many of the exterior spaces. The homeowners wished to increase their livable space, move the children’s rooms to the same level as the master suite and add a two-story family room addition.
The BOWA Solution:
BOWA’s “Safety First” approach involved cordoning off areas of the home to be most affected, protecting the living space and fencing off exterior work to prevent injury to curious kids and pets. A beautiful family room addition features sweeping views of the patio and rear yard and the lower level room below serves a dual purpose – state-of-the-art golf simulator and home theater. The children’s bedrooms were relocated to previously unfinished space adjacent to the master bedroom which allowed for a main level expansion of the home office.
- Dramatic family room addition with hand scraped wood floors and rustic white oak beams and mantel
- Children’s wing features kids’ lounge, spacious bedrooms, gym and new laundry
- Basement addition includes golf simulator which doubles as a home theatre
- Renovated office with separate entrance, reception area, conference room and deck
- Exterior hardscape project included front porch and rear patio masonry and landscaping
- New HVAC system and whole-house generator