Spectacular Whole Home Renovation in Potomac, Maryland
The main challenge of this particular project involved an entire regrading of the property. Designing multiple additions to create one seamless structure also presented some obstacles for the design build team.
The BOWA Solution:
Among the client’s wishes for the renovation was a fresher, more inviting entrance way. This was accomplished through the addition of a porch structure at the front of the house, featuring stone and copper details and elegant columns. New treatments on the garage doors work seamlessly with the porch addition to create a polished, more-current front elevation. At the rear of the home, breakfast room and screen porch additions and new roof-top balcony allow the interior areas to flow nicely into the remodeled, and now well-appointed, outdoor living space. Inside, the main staircase was redesigned, a stepdown to the family room was removed, and the kitchen was renovated to incorporate the new, adjoining breakfast room. Upstairs, the master suite was renovated and a luxurious spa-like master bath created. With miscellaneous updates throughout, every room was modernized and designed to have better flow and function. The space was fully transformed, inside and out, to become a homeowner’s paradise.
- Pool addition with spa, water feature, fire pit, and extensive landscaping
- Extensive reconfiguration of foyer
- Addition of breakfast room and screened porch
- Renovated kitchen, new flooring, and built-in cabinetry on main level
- Extensive master suite renovation including his and hers dressing areas, free-standing soaking tub, and steam shower
- Master suite includes sliding doors to roof-top balcony and view of pool below